How to make Desktop Central Server use a specific IP Address, if the computer has multiple NICs?
If the computer running Desktop Central ahs multiple Network Interface Cards (NICs) and if you wish to restrict the communication of Desktop Central Server to a specific IP address, follow the steps below:
- Stop Desktop Central Server using Start --> Programs --> ManageEngine Desktop Central --> Stop Desktop Central
- Open the wrapper-user.conf file located in <Desktop_CEntral_Install_Dir>\conf in a text editor
- Remove the # sign before "warpper.java.additional.15=-Dbindaddress="n.n.n.n"
- Replace "n.n.n.n" in the above line with the IP address to which the application has to be bind.
- Delete the next line that reads "wrapper.java.additional.15="
- Save the file and start the Desktop Central Server.
- Login to Web Console and select Admin --> Agent Settings
- Ensure that the Server IP Address shown here is the same IP Address that you have specified in the wrapper-user.conf file
- Unselect "Automatically detect and save the IP Address change" option and Save.
Note: If you have already installed agent in some of the computers prior to this change, you should update the new IP in all the agents.