Looking for an Alternate to GPO? Your search ends here!
Are you using Windows Group Policy Objects (GPO) for regular Desktop Management tasks like,
- Configure Desktop & Application settings
- Apply Security Policies to Users & Computers
- Deploy software to remote computers
You could do all of this and much more with Desktop Central.
Problems in GPO Approach
- Works only for Windows
- Need an Active Directory Setup
- No on-demand operations; works only at specified intervals/actions
Benefits of Desktop Central
- It works on both Windows & Mac
- Active Directory based network setup is not mandatory
- Works with multiple Domains and workgroups - no need to redo the same for every domain
- Not only applies the configuration during startup, user logon and at regular intervals, but also can push immediately.
Other Features in Desktop Central
Offers a host of other features that is not available in the GPO: